Looe is a pretty fishing harbour town in the County of Cornwall, with a wide sandy beach and is a town full of colourful buildings, some that are many years old.
Where is Looe?
Looe is found in South-East Cornwall, which is in the South West corner of the United Kingdom.
Where to park in Looe?
We parked at Millpool Car Park. The postcode for Millpool Car Park is PL13 2AF.
The reasons we chose Millpool Car Park are.
- It is a large car park, so the availability of parking spaces were higher.
- There is a public toilet building next to the car park
- The car park is a pay on exit car park, so no need to guess how long your visit would be
- For some people this car park wouldn’t work as there is a short uphill walk to get to the bridge over the estuary.
- Millpool, West Looe, PL13 2AF – Cornwall Council
Other options for Travel to Looe
Looe Railway Station is close to the centre of town if you choose to catch a train rather than drive – Looe Train Station | Car Park | Great Western Railway (gwr.com)
What is there to do and see in Looe?
- Benches overlooking harbour
- Shops and cafes with a view of the harbour
- Crabbing from the harbour wall
Whether its fresh fish caught that day, Cornish ice-cream or amazing Cornish pasties, Looe has something for everyone. Smugglers Cott Restaurant – built in 1430 – we never ate here but the exterior in itself is pretty spectacular – Smugglers Cott – Looe Restaurant – Looe, Cornwall (looerestaurants.co.uk)
The Monkey Sanctuary
Hannafore Road Arches and Turrets
RNLI Looe Lifeboat Station
Looe Heritage Trail
Old Sardine Factory Heritage Centre
Old Guildhall Museum & Gaol
- This is another amazing building, again we didn’t enter from it looks great from the outside, it was built in the 15th century
- Home (looemuseum.co.uk)
- Glass Bottom Boat Trips
- Speedboat trips
East Looe Beach
- Great views
- Including Looe Island, Seaton and Downderry
- Seating just off the beach
- Dog restrictions
Sea Explorers UK
What is close to Looe?
The Eden Project
- Postcode PL24 2SG
- The Eden Project is a 35 minute drive from Looe.
- Open daily 9am to 6pm
- Can book a single day ticket using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers
- The Eden Project
- Bodmin is a 32 minute drive from Looe
- Bodmin Jail
- Bodmin Moor
- Is an 11 minutes drive away
- A small Cornish coastal town.
- Is a 42 minutes away
- A typical Cornish coastal town
- Is a 45 minutes drive away
- Plymouth is the closest large town
Where to stay near Looe?
Southern Halt is part of the Charter Oaks brand and is full of luxury lodges
For our stay in Cornwall we stayed in a lodge at Southern Halt so can recommend it highly.
There is a video on our website Ears and Ideas – Here to help with your Travel Plans.
We have also produced a video tour https://youtu.be/PxnB-yCJSKo
There are also a number of holiday parks close to Looe.
Can you get discounts for activities in Looe?
It is always worth checking if there are vouchers or cashback available for activities you might want to do during your trip.
Tesco Clubcard deals
If you are new to Tesco Clubcard deals, I have written an article to help you. I use my vouchers for a mixture of hotel stays and Hoseason Holiday discounts. How your grocery shopping can help pay for your travels! – Ears and Ideas
As above if you are new to Quidco, I have written an article. But basically, if you are a member (free and paid memberships) just by going through their site you can get cashback. I have received almost £500 from the past few years. Save Money On Your Next Trip – Ears and Ideas
The final one I would suggest you check out is TopCashBack, again I have written an article if you’re a new to this site, it works in the same way as Quidco. Want to get your next trip cheaper? – Ears and Ideas
It is also worth checking if there are vouchers or cashback available for accomodation you might want to do during your trip.
All information was correct and links were active when the post was written in September of 2021.
Other videos on our YouTube channel that you may be interested in are:
Dartmouth – https://youtu.be/B0CfIm5a1PA
Brixham – https://youtu.be/UFvcfT4j9sk
Paignton – https://youtu.be/WuOUptd8YvA
Paignton Zoo – https://youtu.be/tnEyG_e1GdY
Torquay – https://youtu.be/OzmMCAaxcw8