Do you shop at Tesco’s?
If so do you have a Tesco’s Clubcard? If not, why not? If you don’t it’s time you got one! If you do unless you really need to, buying groceries really is not the best use of your points!
Let me explain how you gain Tesco Clubcard Points
- Get yourself a card, either in-store or online
- Scan your card at the time of paying for each Tesco shop.
- Scan your card when paying for fuel at Tesco’s.
- Including ESSO at Tesco’s
- If you have a Tesco bank current account, link your Clubcard account.
- If you have a Tesco bank credit card, link your Clubcard account.
- Or if you have a Tesco mobile, link your Clubcard account.
- On the website, you can also collect points by doing a survey
How easy is it to collect points?
- Collect 1 point for every £1 spent in-store and online with Tesco.
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Lottery and stamps
- Prescription medicines
- Infant formulae milk
- Tesco and 3rd party gift cards
- Saving stamps
- In-store concessions
- Paypoint payments
- Purchases of some Tesco Bank products
- For fuel 1 point for every £2 you spend
- From Esso Tesco, you get 1 point for every £3 spent.
- Tesco’s current account £1 spent equals 1 point spent in Tesco’s.
- Unfortunately, they are not accepting new customers currently.
- Then 1 point for each £8 spent outside of Tesco’s.
- Tesco credit card £4 spent equals 1 point spent in Tesco’s.
- Plus, if you are shopping at Tesco, you also get those points.
- So worth paying with your credit card if you pay it off before the bill comes!
- I might start doing this!
- Shopping outside of Tesco with your Tesco credit card gets you 1 point for each £8 spent.
- If you have a Tesco mobile, you get 1 point for every £1 spent.
- On Tesco Mobile Pay Monthly and Tesco Mobile Top-ups.
- Surveys generally give you 25 points.
How do I actually collect points?
- Via the Clubcard app
- Or contactless card
- Via Tesco Pay+ app
- Or a key fob.
How many points do you need for a voucher?
- 150 points become £1.50 voucher.
BUT YOU CAN MAKE YOUR VOUCHERS WORTH TRIPLE THE VALUE WITH SOME OF THE DEALS!
More importantly!!! How can you spend and save with Tesco Clubcard points!!
Offers change all the time, in the past I have used Tesco Clubcard points towards the cost of a Virgin Holiday to Disney, towards the cost of a Festival and many Hoseasons lodge breaks and Hotel stays.
One thing to be aware of, your vouchers have an expiry date of 2 years. During COVID they have been extending these, but it is not the usual practice.
NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION
What deals can you get with your Tesco Clubcard vouchers?
Travel deals where vouchers are worth triple (use towards the cost or pay in full). So a £1.50 voucher suddenly becomes worth £4.50 towards your day out, hotel stay or whatever! Here is a selection
- 1 year 16-25 Railcard
- 1 year disabled railcard
- 1 year senior railcard
- ABC boat hire
- APH airport parking (min 8 day stay)
- Butlins breaks, weekends and hotels
- Eurotunnel Le Shuttle
- Forest Holidays
- Hilton Hotels UK & Ireland
- Irish Ferries
- Macdonald Hotels and Resorts
- National Express (inc annual disabled, senior and young person Coachcard)
- P&O Cruises and Ferries
- Royal Caribbean International
- Select Hotels of Ireland
- Stena Line
- Warner Leisure Hotels
- Wightlink Isle of Wight Ferries
Other travel deals
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- £2.50 vouchers = 625 virgin points
- British Airways Executive Club Avios
- £2.50 vouchers = 600 Avios points
Then you have lots of fun days out with triple the value again. For example (as there is over 150 choices!)
- Legoland Windsor
- Chessington World of Adventure
- Thorpe Park
- Alton Towers
- Black Country Living Museum
- Blackpool Zoo
- City Cruises
- Eden Project
- English Heritage Membership
- Highland Safaris
- iFly Indoor Skydiving
- London Zoo
- Newbury Racecourse
- The Bear Grylls Adventure
- The York Dungeon
- Warwick Castle
Finally, to help with the eating out costs of your travel, these are also worth triple value.
- Ask Italian
- Bella Italia
- Café Rouge
- Chef and Brewer
- Hungry Horse Pubs
- La Tasca
- Pizza Express
Plus, lots of other categories that you can use your vouchers for to save money.
It is worth checking regularly as offers change and swap values go up and down.
Information correct from the Tesco website as of 13.02.2021.